Perhaps, this blog post is not correctly name. It should probably be “My list of things I accomplished but didn’t try to do on purpose.” No, it’s not the end of the year and this isn’t some impetus to start my New Year’s resolutions. Something about Thanksgiving and the start of all the holidays is definitely making me reflect on this past year. So, in no particular order:
- Justin Bieber started following me on Twitter. I can die happy.
- I ran 5 miles. I’ve only been able to do it once, but I did it (like a month and a half ago). This probably shows how weak sauce I am, considering my roommate just ran a half marathon. The goal is to be able to run 5 miles again and maybe even run farther.
- I made friends with chefs. I ate some really delicious food (and met some really amazing people).
- I rode a horse for the first time. Not only did I ride a horse for the first time, but also the horse galloped into “2nd gear.” It was exhilarating and scary at the same time.
- Virgin America paid for my weekend trip to Vegas. Technically, my best friend won an all expense paid trip (courtesy of Virgin America) and I was her +1. Now, I can say that people actually do win those contests.
- I tried acupuncture. Needles scare the crap out of me, but I’m hoping it will help with my wrist pain that’s been bothering me for the past 1.5+ years. I’m two sessions in. I’ll let you know how it goes.
- I helped pitch and secure The New York Times’ Style section. Bill Cunningham came to one of our work events. My only regret is that I did not get to meet him. Then, I could have died happy.
- I had my first New York bagel. On my 2nd trip to New York ever, I finally ate my first New York bagel. And yes, it was a life changing experience. Now, I know what the hell New Yorkers complain about when they eat our bagels in California. I no longer think you guys are snobs. I understand now!
- I successfully stalked someone a decade later. Leave it to LinkedIn’s “people you may know” section to find the boy who you dated when you were 16 in China. We are now Facebook friends. He is also probably reading this and thinking I’m crazy for talking about it publicly.
- I started a blog! It’s probably terribly cliché to talk about how I started a blog on my blog, but I’m really happy with it. It’s been almost 5 months since my first blog post and I’ve surprised myself at how much I’ve been able to actually write and maintain the posts (28 posts, baby!).
2011 has been very good to me. Can’t wait to see what the rest of the year brings! In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I also want to thank you for reading and supporting my blog! You made me really happy. Check that off your bucket list!