Thank you to Anna from musings in milan who recently nominated me for the Liebster Award. Check out her blog if you want to see life in Italy! Also, I like her new series of posts that she started, “Things I Love Sundays.” Normally, I don’t really talk about my personal life on my blog, but I thought it would be fun to change it up and participate in the Liebster Award.
The rules are simple:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you with a link back to his/her blog
- Answer the questions asked by the nominator
- Nominate 5 – 10 bloggers with under 3,000 followers
- Create 10 questions for the nominees to answer
Here are the questions that I had to answer:
1) What do you enjoy most about blogging?
My blog started because my San Francisco friends always encouraged me to start chronicling my food adventures. As clichéd as it might sound, I feel like my blog has become a small part of my identity and it’s also become an excellent way to meet other expat bloggers.
2) What is your favourite book?
I’ve always loved The Great Gatsy by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I recently finished All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr and highly recommend it!
3) If you were throwing a dinner party and could invite five famous people (dead or alive) who would you invite?
If I could go back in time, I wish I could go back to the Italian Renaissance. So I’d pick Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, Botticelli, Donatello and Titian.
4) What is the most precious thing you own?
My childhood stuffed animal
5) What can you not live without?
Good food. It just brings people together and also brings so much joy in my life. Plus food was the whole inspiration for this blog!
6) Would you rather swim in a lake or the sea?
Probably the sea cause I like being able to watch the waves crash on the rocks/beach.
7) What is your favourite song?
It’s too hard to choose just one song. However, my favorite guilty pleasure karaoke song is Backstreet Boys’ “I Want it that Way.”
8) Puppies or kittens?
9) If you could play any musical instrument, what would you choose?
I haven’t played the piano since high school. Since I’m so out of practice, I can’t read sheet music easily anymore. If I had the time and means, I’d love to pick it up again.
10) If you could speak any language (other than English) which would you choose?
This is a tough one, but I’d probably pick Spanish because it ranks as the world’s No. 2 language (in terms of how many people speak it as their native language). However, if I’m going to have my dinner with my Renaissance guests, then I guess Italian would be vital. 😉